Sunday, October 30, 2011

Chocolate and Banana Muffins

This delicious and easy recipe comes from my friend Christina. She generously cooked us a meal and brought along a batch of these. I had to freeze half of them straight away to stop myself from eating them all. I begged the recipe from her and we cooked up a batch the other day. I often find muffins dry but these are moist and light with only a mild banana flavour - quite different to a banana cake. This time I dropped off half to my husbands work, but still managed to eat alot!

I made another kids picture recipe like I did with scones back in May so Molly, my 5 year old, was able to do most of the steps herself, ably assisted by Ava of course!

I recently bought myself a silicon mini muffin tray made by Scanpan; it is great, the muffins cooked well and just fell out. My metal trays always stuck. :(

Chocolate and Banana Muffins

The recipe states it makes 12 muffins. I made 26 mini muffins plus 4 regular muffins.

2 C self raising flour
½ C castor sugar
½ C chocolate chips or cooking chocolate, chopped
½ tsp salt
100g butter
1 C milk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 C mashed banana (2-3 mashed bananas)

Preheat the oven to 220C. Spray muffin tins if needed.

In a large bowl stir together the flour, caster sugar, chocolate chips and salt with a fork.
Melt the butter, remove from heat, then add the milk, egg and vanilla and beat well. Mash and measure the bananas and stir them into the liquid.

Tip all the liquid mixture into the bowl with the dry mixture. Fold everything together carefully until all the flour is dampened. Stopping before the mixture is smooth.

Spoon mixture into muffin tins. Bake at 220 C for 12-15 min until muffins spring back when pressed in the centre.

2 comments:

  1. We've just made these and they look and smell delicious! Very simple recipe. We made with white choc chips and 3 bananas so they are lovely and moist. Made 16 regular sized muffins for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katy, I made them yesterday - yum! Mine weren't so moist as I left out half the milk, oops.

    ReplyDelete